Pamukkale and Hierapolis 2-Day Tour from Alanya
Stand in awe beneath the dream-like white travertines of Pamukkale, the ‘Cotton Castle,’ on this scenic 2-day coach tour from Alanya, including overnight accommodation, breakfast and dinner. As well as bathing in the famous thermal springs, you’ll enjoy the views from neighboring Denizli, visit the ancient city of Hierapolis, swim in Cleopatra’s pool (optional) and take a dip at the Karahayit thermal springs.
- Discover the natural wonders of Pamukkale, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage
- Explore the hot springs and travertine left by flowing water
- Explore the ancient city of Hierapolis
- Visit the ancient Roman amphitheater, the historical museum, and the Cleopatra swimming pool
- See the monumental tomb of St. Philippe and the magnificent Necropolis of Anatolia
Meaning "cotton castle" in Turkish, Pamukkale can really be called the 8th wonder of the world. This natural formation contains hot springs and travertine, terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water. It can be seen from the hills on the opposite side of the valley in the town of Denizli, 20 kilometers away. On the top of this white "castle" which is in total approximately 2,700 meters long, 600 meters wide, and 160 meters high, the ancient city of Hierapolis was built. Here you can visit an ancient Roman amphitheater, the historical museum (former Turkish bath), the ancient Cleopatra swimming pool, monumental tomb of St. Philippe, the magnificent Necropolis of Anatolia, and much more. Because of the glorious white travertine and historical values of Hierapolis Ancient City Pamukkale was added to the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage in 1988.